InternshipsThe RTTR internship experience is designed to provide an opportunity for students to make the change from classroom to RTTR settings. Within the structured environment of a university approved agency/site and under the direct supervision of a university approved professional in the field, the student receives guidance in transitioning from the academic setting to the role of an employee in a “real life” worksite.
Recreation Tourism Interns
- RTTR 397-01: 10 credits/480 hours (12 consecutive weeks)
- RTTR 397-02: 12 credits/600 hours (15 consecutive weeks)
- Placement under the supervision of a qualified recreation specialist
- P/NC only
Therapeutic Recreation Interns
- RTTR 399-01: 10 credits/600 hours (15 consecutive weeks)
- RTTR 399-02: 12 credits/600 hours (15 consecutive weeks)
- Placement under the supervision of a qualified CTRS (PDF)
- P/NC only
- Senior standing in the RTTR major
- Completion of all required RTTR core courses with a minimum grade of a C
- 2.50 GPA overall as it appears in DARS
RTTR Internship Locations
The RTTR program provides a variety of internship locations to choose from. In the past, RTTR students have interned at city parks and recreation departments, medical health centers, youth camps, and many more places. Check out our database of internship sites.