James Reidy, Ed.D.
James Reidy, Ed.D. Associate Professor
Office: Memorial Hall, 117
Dr. James Reidy has been a Professor of Recreation, Tourism, and Therapeutic Recreation at Winona State University since August, 2000. He has been teaching in the Recreation and Therapeutic Recreation field since 1988. Dr. Reidy specializes in the following areas in recreation: outdoor experiential education, leadership, design of green facilities, and open space for nature based tourism, and multicultural travel study programs. James recently retired as chairman of the board of the National Eagle Center but still serves on the board. He also has been a member of the Winona County Restorative Justice Program for the past four years and the Winona County Community Responsibility Council for the past year.
- Ed.D: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 1988
- MS: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 1980
- BS: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 1977
Teaching and Research:
- Leadership in Recreation
- Outdoor Education and Interpretive Services
- Wilderness Ethics, Safety and Survival
- Leisure in Different Cultures
- Sustaining Life and the Environment: Building a Principled Way of Life
- Nature Based Tourism
- Programming in Recreation
- Facilities and Area Design