Roger Riley, Ph.D.
Roger Riley, Ph.D. Professor and Department Chair
Office: Memorial Hall, 116
"My door is always open. If you need help with classes or advising, academic or non-academic issues, I am here to help. I have been a professor at Winona State since August 2000, and I teach the “business-y” type classes and some tourism class in the RTTR department. The areas in which I have special interests include: Tourism (in general), Movie-Induced Tourism, Regional Tourism Development of Developing Countries, Qualitative Research Methods and the Legal and Financial Aspect of Recreation and Tourism. While I serve on a number of committees around campus, my passion and leisure is serving women’s collegiate rugby – as a coach, and an administrator at three different levels. Winona State University is pretty darn good at rugby on the national level. As you can tell, I like to travel. While I keep knocking off locations from my bucket list, the list seems to get longer each year!"
- Ph.D: Texas A&M University, TX, 1993
- MS and BS: University of Wisconsin La Crosse, WI, 1985, 1984
- Diploma of Teaching, Hamilton Teacher's College, Hamilton, New Zealand, 1977
Teaching and Research:
- Travel and Tourism
- Legal and Financial Aspects
- Commercial Recreation
- Organization and Administration
- Travel studies (Costa Rica)