Homecoming Court & Royalty
In celebration of inclusivity and diversity, Winona State University's Homecoming Court and Royalty is non-gendered instead of crowning a traditional king and queen.
Entry & Voting
The Homecoming Committee encourages your campus club/organization or residence hall to nominate up to two students who:
- Best represent you
- Are highly involved on campus
- Give back to our communities in a variety of ways
You may sponsor up to two candidates, but they will not be running mates in elections. Each candidate runs separately.
Minimum Requirements for Candidates
- Currently enrolled as a WSU student
- Have attained a sophomore standing or above as of August 2021
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above
- Not currently on any disciplinary probation (on campus or in the residence halls)
- Must be nominated to represent a campus club/organization or residence hall. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Online entry forms with an individual picture of the candidate will be due by 12pm Friday, Sept. 17.
Voting to narrow down to the top ten students who make the Homecoming Court will take Sept. 22-23 through an online election. Check your WSU email for your ballot.
A second vote to select the top two Homecoming Royalty will be done by the audience members who attend the Homecoming Coronation & Winona State's Got Talent Final Show on Sunday, Oct. 3 at 7:30pm in Somsen Auditorium.
Homecoming Court Obligations
Court members are required to participate in the following Homecoming activities unless there is a class conflict:
- Coronation rehearsal (Oct. 3 at 1pm - Somsen Auditorium)
- Coronation ceremony (Oct. 3 at 6:30pm, show begins at 7:30pm - Somsen Auditorium)
- Lip Sync Challenge (Oct. 7 at 8pm - Location TBA)
- Pep Fest (Oct. 8 at 12:15pm - Gazebo, obstacle course judging 12-2:30pm)
- Homecoming Parade (Oct. 9 at 9:30am, parade begins at 10am)
- Warrior Game Day Experience (Oct. 9 from 11am-1:15pm - Johnson St. & IWC Parking Lot Area)
- Football game announcement (Oct. 9 at 1:15pm)
You may begin campaigning after the entry form is submitted. The integrity and image in which you present yourself is reflected in your campaign.
For questions, contact Homecoming Court & Royalty Chair Malorie Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
She will contact candidates who have been elected to the Homecoming Court and provide them with instructions regarding coronation and responsibilities for the week of Homecoming.