Warrior Game Day Experience for Students
Starting two hours before each football home game, the Warrior Game Day Experience (WGDX) is an event to boost campus and fan spirit and create an exciting atmosphere.
It's a great way to:
- connect with friends
- grab some food from local food trucks
- enjoy music, contests, inflatables, and other activities
- get pumped up with fellow Warrior fans to cheer our team on to victory
WSU Student Zone
The WSU Student Zone near the Library is where campus clubs and organizations have food, activities, contests and other events just for WSU students. You can also check out other exciting football games across the country in a special trailer with 3 large-screen TVs and comfortable seating.
Stop by to check out what they’ve planned just for you!
Student Fan Experience Drawings
Student Senate will host a drawing at each WGDX for special football fan experiences at future home games such as:
- sideline passes
- concession packs
- access to the WSU sound booth
- meals at the President’s tent
- WSU Athletics apparel
- a special “Coach of the Day” package
See the Warrior Game Day Experience schedule for details.
Dr Pepper Dash for Cash
Current WSU students have the chance to win $500 at each home football game compliments of Dr Pepper. Enter your name and student ID# at the KG95.3 table at the WGDX.
Between half-time and the beginning of the 4th quarter, a student’s name will be drawn and they will have 95.3 seconds to dash onto the field to claim their $500 prize. You must be present to win.
Get Your Club or Organization Involved
WSU clubs and organizations are also invited to set up a table to promote themselves, fundraise, and interact with WSU alumni and friends at each WGCX.
Student Senate is offering weekly incentives for clubs and organizations who participate at each WGDX. Clubs that participate throughout the season will also be entered into a drawing for $500 in additional club/organization funding!
All clubs and organizations must register at least 5 days in advance of each WGDX. Learn more about how clubs can participate.
For questions about club/organization participation at the WGDX, please email ASO@winona.edu.
For general questions about the Warrior Game Day Experience, please email Tracy Rahim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Warrior Game Day Experience Schedule
Sept. 5: Whoop It Up Wednesday
Fan Experience Drawing: At the first “Whoop It Up Wednesday” promotion at the Gazebo from 12-1pm, enter a drawing for 2 football t-shirts and 2 football hats (provided by WSU Athletics) to promote WGDX and the football fan experiences. You can also enter the drawing for Sept. 8 free concession packs at that time.
“Whoop It Up Wednesday” takes place each week there is a home football game, so stop by the Gazebo to check it out!
Sept. 8: WSU Warriors vs. University of Sioux Falls at 1pm
WSU Student Zone Hosts: UPAC from 11-1pm
Game Theme: Wear all your purple to show your Warrior pride!
Fan Experience Drawing: Before the day, Student Senate will draw for 2 pairs of free concession packs (provided by Chartwells) for two WSU students and two friends who attend the football game. At the WGDX, enter the drawings for the Sept. 22 free sideline passes and the Oct. 27 “Coach of the Day” fan experience.
Sept. 22: WSU Warriors vs. MSU Mankato at 1pm & Family Weekend
WSU Student Zone Hosts: WSU Student Senate from 11-1pm
Game Theme: Wear black to match the game day jerseys that day!
Fan Experience Drawing: Before the day, Student Senate will draw for a free sideline pass for one WSU student and one friend. At the WGDX, enter the drawings for the Oct. 6 free meals in the President’s tent and the Oct. 27 “Coach of the Day” fan experience.
Oct. 6: WSU Warriors vs. University of Mary at 2pm & Homecoming
WSU Student Zone Hosts: Chi Alpha from 11-2pm
Game Theme: Dress in purple and white from head to toe to show your WSU pride!
Fan Experience Drawing: Prior to the day, Student Senate will draw for a free meal at the President’s tent for one WSU student and three friends. At the WGDX, enter the drawings for the Oct. 20 free sideline passes and the Oct. 27 “Coach of the Day” fan experience.
Oct. 20: WSU Warriors vs. U of M Duluth at 1pm
WSU Student Zone Hosts: WSU Greek Life from 11-1pm
Game Theme: Wear pink to support breast cancer awareness!
Fan Experience Drawing: Prior to the day, Student Senate will draw for a free sideline pass for one WSU student and a friend. At the WGDX, enter the drawing for the Oct. 27 “Coach of the Day” fan experience.
Oct. 27: WSU Warriors vs. Southwest Minnesota State University at 1pm
WSU Student Zone Hosts: RHA/NRHH from 11-1pm
Game Theme: Wear your favorite Halloween costume or at least put on all your white!
Fan Experience Drawing: Prior to the day, we will draw for a Coach of the Day experience for one WSU student and a friend including:
- Free sideline pass
- Access to the football team pre-game talk
- 1 WSU Warriors sweatshirt and 1 hat for each person (provided by WSU Athletics)
At the WGDX, enter the drawing for the Nov. 10 free access pass to the WSU sound booth.
Nov. 10: WSU Warriors vs. Concordia University St. Paul at 1pm
WSU Student Zone Hosts: WSU Veterans Club from 11-1pm
Game Theme: Wear black or camouflage to show support for our Armed Forces!
Fan Experience Drawing: Prior to the day, Student Senate will draw for an access pass for one WSU student and a friend to the be in the WSU sound booth during the football game.
Club/Organization Participation Guidelines
- Register at least 5 days in advance of each WGDX. You will receive a confirmation from ASO@winona.edu prior to the WGDX event(s) for which you sign up.
- If you register and cannot ultimately participate, please email ASO@winona.edu.
- Student Senate is offering weekly incentives for clubs and organizations who participate at each WGDX. All those participating throughout the season will also be entered into a drawing for $500 in additional club/organization funding!
- Clubs/organizations will have space on Johnson Street near the WSU Student Zone for their tables. Each participant will have access to 1 table and 2 chairs that they will set up and tear down themselves. Space on Johnson Street will not be pre-assigned to participating clubs/organizations.
- Clubs/organizations are expected to be set up and ready to go by 10:45am prior to the beginning of the WGDX and must stay for the entire two hours. All participants are responsible for cleaning up their space at the conclusion and put away their table and chairs.
- The ASO Director and/or a member of Student Senate will be monitoring and checking in with all participating clubs/organizations each day.
- There will be no access to electricity where clubs/organizations will be set up. So please plan ahead when thinking about fundraisers or activities.
- No student who is part of a participating club/organization may consume any alcohol or be under the influence of alcohol. Students found in violation will be asked to leave. Campus security, WSU Athletics staff and Winona police will be patrolling the area. Remember that you are a representative of your club/organization to the public!
- Drinking games and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
Club/Organization Fundraising Guidelines
- If you wish to have food for sale, donation or to give away, please be mindful of legal and safety requirements set by the State of Minnesota. Essentially, no meat products or other food that has a higher likelihood of making someone ill if not prepared/served properly may be given out (grills, crock pots, cold food, etc.) unless you have a health permit from the State of Minnesota and follow their requirements. This includes anything you would bake at home.
- If you wish to have food at your table, our advice is to purchase it (already made) from a caterer or food vendor who prepares the food in a licensed commercial kitchen. Just make sure to have gloves, hand sanitizer, and appropriate serving utensils. Due to health regulations of hot foods and cold foods needing to be held and served at specific temperatures, we do not recommend selling/giving away anything that would need to be kept warm or chilled. There will already be food trucks and other vendors selling food.
- No raffles are allowed (50/50, win a prize, etc.). If someone must pay for a chance to win something, that is considered gambling which is strictly prohibited.
- If selling merchandise (t-shirts, mittens, cups, etc.) that use any part of the WSU name and/or logos, they must be pre-approved due to trademark policies. Contact Lori Mikl at LMikl@winona.edu for details.