The Winona community offers a variety of services and resources that support those affected by Gender-Based Violence. Browse the options below to learn more about how Winona State University and and surrounding community can help.
WSU 24/7 Confidential GBV Helpline
The Confidential Gender-Based Violence Helpline is available 24/7 resource staffed by peer advocates.
Call The 24/7 Confidential GBV Helpline for:
- 24/7 crisis intervention and support
- Assistance with personal safety planning
- Referrals to resources
- What to expect if you report the crime to the university
- Information about gender-based violence
- Information for family and friends of victims/survivors
WSU Health & Wellness Services
Provides medical help on campus during business hours. A SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) nurse is available to provide an evidentiary exam, treatment for STIs, pregnancy testing and prevention. There is no charge for the exam.
WSU Counseling & Wellness Services
Confidential counseling, support, and referrals for victims/survivors of sexual misconduct.
Walk-in appointments are available the same day during weekday business hours.
Women's Resource Center of Winona
The Women's Resource Center (WRC) provides a 24/7 crisis hotline and victim advocates who can accompany victims/survivors to a hospital, police station, or court.
Call the WRC for:
- Crisis intervention and support
- Referrals to resources in the local area
- Answers to your questions about recovering from sexual assault
- Explanations of the criminal justice system
- What to expect if you report the crime to the police or the university
- Information for family and friends of victims/survivors.
Winona Police Department
Winona Health Emergency Room
In an emergency, call 911.
Policies & Procedures
Policies & ProceduresWinona State University follows the Minnesota State policies regarding sexual violence, discrimination and harassment:
Minnesota State Policy 1B.1: Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Opportunity
Minnesota State Policy 1B.1.1: Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
Minnesota State Policy 1B.3: Sexual Violence Policy
Minnesota State Policy 1B.3.1: Sexual Violence Procedure
WSU Regulation 5-7: Policy for Dealing with Sexual Harassment
If someone has sexually assaulted you, you are not alone. There are resources for sexual assault survivors.