How to Apply
Students wishing to enter the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program at Winona State University must apply and be accepted into the program.
60 Credits Complete or In Progress
The BSW Program is a junior-admitting program, meaning that students must have 60 credits in progress or completed when then apply to the program. The program admits students each semester, and students must submit their application in the semester before they would like to start the program.
In addition to having 60 credits, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- In progress or completion of foundation courses or equivalents of:
- ENG 111 - College Reading and Writing
- CMST 191/192 - Introduction to Public Speaking
- BIOL 117 - Human Biology
- PSY 210 – Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 250 - Developmental Psychology
- SOC 150 - Introduction to Sociology
- STAT 110 - Fundamentals of Statistics
- SOCW 340 - Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare
- SOCW 350 - Field Experience
- A grade of C or better in all foundation courses
- Overall GPA of 2.0 and Foundation GPA of 2.5
Complete Your ApplicationStudents should read through the Social Work Student Handbook (PDF) and then download and complete the Application materials found in the handbook.
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Program Deadline:
- Spring semester: the first Tuesday in October by 3:30pm
- Fall semester: the third Tuesday in February by 3:30pm
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Hybrid-Rochester Program Deadline
- Fall semester only: Priority Application Deadline is the third Tuesday in February by 3:30pm. However, applications are accepted on a rolling basis as space permits.
Submit your application materials to Maxwell Hall 255 on the Winona campus or
SS 125 on the Rochester campus.
Acceptance, Pending, or Rejection – will be made by the social work faculty following a review of all applicants’ materials. Students will receive the decision results via their WSU email or if a transfer student, via the email address provided on their application materials.