AdmissionStudents who wish to enter the social work major must make a formal application the semester before entering the program. Students should consult their assigned faculty advisor on academic readiness to apply for entrance in the program.
Application FormsApplication forms are in the Social Work Student Handbook (PDF) (Appendix E).
Students may submit an application for consideration in our traditional program in Winona or Rochester campus starting every Fall Semester. Students may also select a traditional program in Winona every Spring Semester or select the Hybrid option offered in Rochester every Spring. Students are allowed to select more than one option for consideration and should so indicate on the application by order of interest or priority. Students should consult with their academic advisor or one of the Social Work faculty if they have questions.
- You are currently taking or have completed SOCW340 and SOCW350.
- You are currently taking or have completed 6 foundation courses: college reading/writing, public speaking, human biology, intro to psychology, developmental psychology, and intro to sociology.
- You have completed total 60 credits by the time of your admission (see student handbook).
- You have a 2.5 GPA in all foundation courses.
- A grade of D or lower is not accepted for any foundation courses.
DeadlinesFall semester: the first Tuesday in October by 3:30pm
Spring semester: the third Tuesday in February by 3:30pm
Maxwell Hall 255 (Winona)
ST 128 (Rochester)
An admission decision – Acceptance, Pending or Rejection – will be made by social work faculty after the interviews are completed and a review of student's application materials. Students will receive the decision results via their WSU email or if a transfer student via the email address provided on the application.