Hybrid Bachelor of Social Work Degree
Winona State University’s Bachelor of Social work (BSW) hybrid program is offered online as an alternative option to the traditional face-to-face program. Coursework is delivered in a hybrid format that combines both online and face-to-face learning.
Classes are primarily online with in-person meetings called Social Work Skills Workshops. These Social Work Skills are held once a month in the evenings and meet on the the WSU-Rochester campus.
The online classes are not held at a specific time so you can attend class around your schedule
- The hybrid BSW provides the same curriculum as the traditional program and consists of 43 credit hour units with 480 hours of field education practicum experience.
- A total of 120 semester credit hour units are required for the bachelor’s degree.
- Sixty of those credits must be completed at WSU.
The program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
The department requires students to have completed at least 60 credits prior to admittance to the program.Students must have an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a foundation GPA of 2.5.
Advising with a WSU social work faculty member prior to applying for the hybrid program will be important to both preparing for admission to the social work program as well as for academic planning while in the hybrid program. This is a cohort-based hybrid program taking 4 semesters to complete and is limited to 25 students.
Application materials are found in the Student Handbook (PDF).
Hybrid cohort FALL ADMITS ONLY: Applications due semester prior to start.
- New cohort begins August 2020
- Applications received by February 18, 2020 get priority consideration
- Rolling admission will occur as space permits
Course delivery will incorporate web-based technology and in-person delivery, and will include both synchronous and asynchronous learning strategies.
Students admitted to the hybrid cohort are required to participate in the eWarrior Laptop Program and have reliable access to high-speed internet.
For more information about the hybrid cohort option, contact Mary Kirk at email@example.com or by phone at 507.457.5432.