Winona State University supports an inclusive and safe campus for all employees. Resources are available so faculty and staff can feel welcomed and comfortable in their workplace.
Affirmative Action & Legal Affairs
WSU Affirmative Action & Legal Affairs offers services and resources so that all members of the university can engage in academic pursuits, obtain and maintain employment, and utilize university services without experiencing discrimination based on race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, gender identify and gender expression.
Candidates and employees can review policies, training and reporting processes for:
- Discrimination and harassment reporting and investigation processes
- Requests for reasonable accommodations
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium Recruiting Toolkit for hiring supervisors
- Title IX (including sexual misconduct, date/relationship violence and stalking) reporting and investigation processes
- Respectful workplace policy
WSU Human Resources works with employees and supervisors to develop and support a workforce that delivers excellence in education. The HR website provides information on an extensive array of topics for new and current employees, and the HR team works with all employees specifically on:
- Hiring processes that align with WSU’s commitment to equal employment opportunities
- ADA accommodation requests
- Employee Assistance Program
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities System
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Division of Equity and Inclusion supports system-wide efforts to promote equity, inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
A Guide to Supporting Safe & Inclusive Campus Climates (PDF) is one resource available to help advance inclusive excellence in each institution.