Services at the Student Parent Support Center
Student Parents has a large, well-resourced Student Parent Support Center in Lourdes Hall room G46. The center is a place where student parents can study and develop a community with other student parents. Visit our Facebook page for more information.
The Center includes these facilities free of charge:
- Confidential office space
- Storage and resource space
- Food, supply and toy pantry
- Study and resting space
- Lactation/nursing space with electric/hospital grade pumps
- Community space for workshops and visiting
The lactation rooms are located in Lourdes Hall room G46, Somsen Hall room 115 and the lower level of Kryzsko Commons. There is also a location on the WSU-Rochester campus on the first floor of East hall.
Services offered through the Student Parent Program
The student parent program also offers a number of free support based services.
- Social and emotional support in the student parent community
- Advocacy from staff when struggling (e.g. missing class because of sickness or child sickness)
- One-on-one coaching with Student Parent staff and group coaching/mentoring with peers
- Resources and referral to campus (academic, health, career) and community programs
- Assistance with problem solving, parenting and life skills
- Weekly lunches and monthly workshops (food provided)
- Emergency funds and gift cards for those in need