Services at the Student Parent Support Center
Student Parents has a large, well-resourced Student Parent Support Center in Lourdes Hall room G46. The center is a place where student parents can study and develop a community with other student parents. Visit our Facebook page for more information.
The Center includes these facilities free of charge:
- Confidential office space
- Storage and resource space
- Food, supply and toy pantry
- Study and resting space
- Lactation/nursing space with electric/hospital grade pumps
- Community space for workshops and visiting
The lactation rooms are located in Lourdes Hall room G46, Somsen Hall room 115 and the lower level of Kryzsko Commons. There are also locations on the WSU-Rochester main campus HS150 and PH205 and in the Heintz Center HC111.
Services offered through the Student Parent Program
The student parent program also offers a number of free support based services.
- Social and emotional support in the student parent community
- Advocacy from staff when struggling (e.g. missing class because of sickness or child sickness)
- One-on-one coaching with Student Parent staff and group coaching/mentoring with peers
- Resources and referral to campus (academic, health, career) and community programs
- Assistance with problem solving, parenting and life skills
- Weekly lunches and monthly workshops (food provided)
- Emergency funds and gift cards for those in need