Manage a Student Club or Organization
Student clubs and organizations are a great opportunity to build leadership skills and get involved on campus.
Whether you are long-time leader or brand new to club leadership, here are the resources you need to help ensure your club succeeds.
If you are looking to join a club, head over to the list of clubs and organizations at WSU.
Start a New Club
While WSU has over 180 clubs already, there’s always room for more. Have a great idea for a new club?
Start the process for creating a new club.
Keep Official Club Status
Being an active club or organization at WSU is a privilege, and it takes work from club leaders to keep a club going.
Your club or organization must maintain an active status to receive any funding.
Requirements for Official Clubs in Active Status
- Have at least 10 active club members who are students currently enrolled at WSU
- Participate in at least one club fair
- Complete the Annual Club and Organization Registration Process including President, Treasurer, and WSU Advisor contact information as well current membership roster and club constitution by the deadline
- Ensure your directory listed advisor fills out the Advisor Agreement Form which will be automatically emailed to the advisor annually
- Complete a Semester Financial Review (SFR) each semester you receive funding from Student Senate
Maintain Your Club Directory Entry
Make sure your club information is up to date in the Club Directory! This is a huge way that students learn about clubs on campus, so make it easy for them to connect with you.
Each year, official clubs and organizations can request money to cover club activities. However, funding is not guaranteed and there are limits on the total amounts awarded.
If your club receives any funding, you will need to complete a financial review each semester.
Learn more about requesting funds for your club.
Attend ASO Meetings
The Alliance of Student Organizations is the overarching structure that manages recognized student organizations (RSOs) at WSU.
The ASO director is an appointed individual through Winona State Student Senate who oversees all official WSU clubs and organizations. This person also coordinates all club fairs, Student Leadership and Involvement Awards, Warrior Game Day Experience Days and mandatory ASO meetings.
ASO meetings occur at least three times per semester and are mandatory for all club leaders to attend.
At ASO meetings, you’ll learn important information about maintaining your club, opportunities to get your club involved on campus, required upcoming events and updates from Student Senate.
If you have questions or concerns, email ASO Director Raquel Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming ASO Meetings
- Wednesday, February 26 at 4pm in SLC 120
- Thursday, February 27 at 4:30pm in SLC 120
Promote & Grow Your Club
Learn how to reserve a room for regular club meetings or get a table in Kryzsko Commons.
If you want to advertise your club events and simply share the fun stuff your club is doing, here’s some campus resources you could use: