Aspen Capital eScholarship Competition
20 Winona State students will win $1,000 scholarships.
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State Students.
Attention all rising YouTubers, budding digital photographers and artists both visual and aural: Aspen Capital and Winona State want to give 20 WSU students $1,000!
Okay, you will have to earn the scholarship, but the method to earn it is fun, interesting and will make use of your favorite skills.
Students can submit entries to any of these four exciting categories:
- Virtual Backgrounds
- Laptop Cover Skin Design
- eFlick (video)
- Social Media Campaign
Enter as many times as you wish although you may only win one scholarship.
Learn more about the eScholarship program.
What is this year’s theme?
Eligibility & How to Apply
Who is eligible?
All part-time or full-time students in the eWarrior Digital Life &Learning Program are eligible. (Hint: if you have a WSU laptop and tablet, you are enrolled in eWarrior.) Teams are encouraged to participate!
When are applications due?
Entries must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Online Submission Information
You must use the WSU Foundations Scholarship form to submit your entries for events.
Remember to attach your entry! Entries can be submitted at any time from Jan. 1 through March 31, 2021.
Submission: eFlick Competition Only
- All entrees must be submitted via a YouTube link. If you do not have a YouTube account, please create one for this competition.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the Public.
Why does Aspen Capital Sponsor the eScholarship Competition?
Aspen Capital has partnered with Winona State University’s eWarrior Digital Life and Learning Program since 2000, providing WSU students with the latest laptops and tablets.
As part of Aspen Capital’s commitment to WSU students, the eWarrior scholarship competition was created to award one $1000 scholarship the first year.
For the 2020-21 scholarship competition, Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000, enabling us to provide 20 students with $1000 scholarships.
How are Scholarship Winners Chosen?
Winner(s) in each category will receive a $1000 scholarship provided by Aspen Capital. Winners will be announced in the beginning of February.
The number of scholarships given in each category depends upon the number of entries. A total of 20 will be awarded.
Virtual Background and Laptop Cover Skin projects will be judged on:
- Creativity – 40 points (40%)
- Visual appeal/photographic quality – 30 points (30%)
- Represents WSU – 30 points (30%)
eFlick projects will be judged on:
- Use of the eWarrior theme – 20 points (20%)
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20 points (20%)
- Creativity – 20 points (20%)
- Memorable content and delivery – 20 points (20%)
- Clear message – 20 points (20%)
Social Media Campaigns will be judged on:
- Use of the eWarrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 15%
- Originality/Creativity – 30%
- Memorable content and deliver – 15%
- Clear message – 20%
Who chooses the scholarship winners?
The WSU eWarrior Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee includes representatives from WSU and Aspen Capital.
What are the Rules?
- Must be a WSU student that is participating in the eWarrior: Digital Life & Learning Program
- Deadline: All entrees must be submitted by Wed., March 31, 2021
- Only entries that are 100% original will be considered
- Entry must follow this year's theme
- Only entries that follow exact guidelines will be considered
- All entries must be created/edited on WSU devices (laptop, tablet) or your phone
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or software that is freely accessible by all
- You may submit as many entries as you wish but you will only be eligible to win one scholarship
- Scholarships are awarded to single winners or all participants on a winning team
- Teams may be used for the eFlick Competition only
- You may have up to four people on a team for the eFlick Competition
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2021
- Depending on COVID-19 safety precautions, you will be required to attend a casual-dress luncheon with your benefactor
Laptop/Tablet questions and software training available to all students at the e-Warrior Digital Learning Commons in Library 105.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an appointment. Walk-ins accepted depending upon availability of staff.
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested.
Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation.
I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the
University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program.
WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
What are the Specifications for Entry?
There are four categories in which students may participate, each with their own specifications:
What if I don’t know how to create a video or use the software needed for my project?
The Digital Learning Commons (DLC) offers support to help you get the most out of the programs and apps on your laptop and tablet. The DLC is located in Krueger Library 105.