Online Tutoring with Tutor.com
Studying that fits your schedule
24/7 online tutoring for Winona State students
WSU offers free online, on-demand tutoring through Tutor.com. Tutors are always available, even late at night when your instructor or face-to-face tutors may not be.
Stuck on a problem? Want someone to review your paper? This tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed on any device that connects to the internet.
When you log-on to Tutor.com you'll be able to:
- Connect with over 3,000 qualified tutors 24/7
- View replays and transcripts of previous sessions
- Drop off an essay for review and feedback
- Save your favorite tutors and see their schedule of availability
- Access services from your mobile phone or tablet
Want to learn more? Here’s how it works.
Ready to get online tutoring? There are 2 ways WSU students can access their 15 free hours of online tutoring.
- Log into D2L Brightspace and enter one of your courses. From the Resources drop-down, choose Online tutoring with Tutor.com. Be sure to choose this option if your professor has made tutoring part of an assignment so they can access a report to tell which of their students have used online tutoring.
- Log into D2L Brightspace and scroll down on the homepage to find the logo for
The Hippocampus offers students free multimedia lessons and course materials to help with instruction, homework and studies.
Find courses and digital content in the subject areas of:
- American Government
- Environmental Science
- US History
Quizlet - Study Site
Quizlet is a leading study site with free, simple web-based study tools and games and mobile apps.
Users can create their own content or choose from study sets (over 20 million and counting) created by their classmates or teachers.
Find flashcards to study or create your own flashcards with Study Stack.
Study flashcards or use the other activities such as matching, crosswords, hangman, scrambled word, or bug chase that are automatically created using your flashcards.
Study flashcards anytime and anywhere by printing your flashcards or by using a application to download them to your smartphone or computer.
Khan Academy covers over 2,600 K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and even reaches into the humanities with playlists on finance and history.
Each video is a digestible chunk, approximately 10 minutes long, and especially purposed for viewing on the computer.
West Texas A&M University Virtual Math Lab
The West Texas A&M University Virtual Math Lab is a great resource if you need help in
- College algebra
- Intermediate algebra
- Beginning algebra
- Math for the sciences
- Preparing for the math part of the general GRE, THEA or ACCUPLACER tests
These tutorials were created as a service to anyone who needs help in these areas of math, so they are open to everyone.