UPAC Presents Chris Kroeze in Concert
UPAC is excited to present a Family Weekend concert for the entire WSU community featuring Chris Kroeze, the runner-up from Season 15 of NBC’s “The Voice” and a part of Team Blake!
From Barron, WI, Kroeze captivated the region with his incredible guitar skills, laid-back personality, and his love of country rock (but can sing any genre!).
Kroeze is playing at major festivals like Country Jam and Ashley for the Arts this summer along with a full tour in the Midwest. He has also played with major stars like Blake Shelton, Josh Thompson, The Doobie Brothers and Lynard Skynard.
Opening Band: Johnson Street Underground
Johnson Street Underground is a dynamic, a cappella quartet from Winona. Their repertoire covers the gamut from Adele and Billy Joel to Sting and Mumford & Sons.
Matt Schultz, Seth Flatten, Charlie Opatz, and John Chernega formed the group formed in January 2018 for the love of close harmonies, without instruments!
JSU has entertained crowds at various venues and events in the area since then.
When: Friday, Sep. 20
Location: Somsen Auditorium
Time: Doors will open at 6pm. Concert starts at 7pm.
The following is a rough timeline of the event:
- 5pm: Will-call table opens to pick up tickets or purchase any remaining tickets (through 8pm)
- 6pm: Doors open to Somsen Auditorium (170 W. Sanborn St., Winona, MN 55987)
- 7pm: Opening Act performance by Johnson Street Underground
- 7:45pm: Chris Kroeze performance
Buy Your Tickets
Cost for WSU Students: $5
Cost for WSU Employees, Retirees, Alumni, and general public: $15
All sales are final. There are no refunds and no exchanges.
Online ticket sales will run through Wednesday Sept. 18. There will be no sales through the UPAC Office.
All remaining tickets will be sold at the door starting at 5pm for $15. There's no discount at the door for WSU students. Only cash and checks will be accepted at the door. No cards.
Tickets can be picked up on Friday Sept. 20 in the UPAC Office in the lower level of Kryzsko Commons or at the will-call table before the event starting at 5pm.
Policies for Campus Concerts
- No professional photography or recording equipment is allowed unless approved by WSU and the performers.
- WSU is an alcohol-free and tobacco-free campus. Thank you for respecting those campus policies.
- There is no overnight parking on campus without a designated permit. Parking lots are ticketed through 5pm.
- Performers will have often merchandise for sale before and after the concert. It is up to them if they will accept credit/debit cards for payment.