Feminism in Action
Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies minors are activist leaders on campus and in the community. The following photographs illustrate praxis, the bridging of theory and action, through their organizing work in the annual Take Back the Night, Transgender Day of Remembrance, solidarity book drives for LGBT Books to Prisoners, resistance to Islamophobic policies nationally, scholarly presentations at the annual University of Wisconsin Women’s and Gender Studies Consortium, a variety of WGSS co-curricular programming and graduation.
- Prison Abolition Reading - Andrea Jenkins and Marilyn Bucks
- WGSS students partner with Winona's Paperbacks and Pieces for the LGBT Books to Prisoners Project
- "Interview: WGSS Alum Eileen Moeller"
- OpenRiver: The HIV/AIDS Winona Oral History Project
- "A Professional Problem Solver Caring for Others"
- "Recognizing Professor Olasee Davis: How His Partnership Offers WSU Students Learning Opportunities in the U.S. Virgin Islands"
- "Campus Camp Wellstone at WSU"
- "Women's Books to Prison Project"
- "Inside/Outside Solidarity"
- "Substantive Solidarity from Winona to Madison"
- "Take Back the Night 2019"