Homecoming Court Competition
Entry & Voting
The 2016 Homecoming Committee encourages your campus organization or residence hall to enter the Homecoming court competition and nominate students who:
- Best represent you
- Are highly involved on campus
- Give back to our communities in a variety of ways
Note: You sponsor up to 2 candidates, but they will not be running mates in elections. Each candidate runs separately.
Minimum Requirements for Candidates
- Currently enrolled as a WSU student
- Have attained a sophomore standing or above as of August 2016
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above
- Not currently on any disciplinary probation (on campus or in the residence halls)
- Must be nominated to represent a campus organization or residence hall. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Online entry forms with an individual picture of the candidate will be due by Thursday, September 15. Online elections will take place September 22-23 which will determine both the court and the royalty.
Homecoming Court Obligations
Court members are required to participate in the following Homecoming activities unless there is a class conflict:
Coronation rehearsal (Friday, October 7 at 12pm-Somsen Auditorium)
Coronation ceremony (Sunday, October 9 at 7:30pm-Somsen Auditorium)
Chalk the Walk art contest judging (Wednesday, October 12 at 3pm-Gazebo)
Pep Fest (Friday, October 14 at 11:45am)
Homecoming Parade (Saturday, October 15 at 9:30am)
WSU Tailgate Party (Saturday, October 15 at 11am-WSU Courtyard)
Football game (Saturday, October 15 at 1:40pm)
You may begin campaigning after the entry form is submitted. Keep in mind you are representing your club and yourself! The integrity and image in which you present yourself is reflected in your campaign.
For questions, contact Homecoming Court Competition Chair Megan Sticha at email@example.com.
She will contact candidates who have been elected to the Homecoming Court and provide them with instructions regarding coronation and responsibilities for the week of Homecoming.