H.O.P.E. Academy Curriculum
Here are courses offered at WSU within the H.O.P.E. Academy curriculum.
- MATH 100 Survey of Mathematics - Illustrates the connection between contemporary mathematics and modern society.
- MATH 120 Precalculus - Focuses on equation solving, symbolic/algebraic manipulation and graphing various functions.
- BIOL 118 General Biology - Utilizes the scientific method while studying living organisms.
- CHEM 212 Principles of Chemistry I - Includes lecture and laboratory that involves an in-depth study of the many principles of chemistry.
- ENG 111 College Reading and Writing - Reading and writing abilities are strengthened through the exploration of texts, conduction of research and utilization of citations.
- ENG 112 Research Writing - Course focuses on researching and composing a documented argumentative essay.
- WGSS 220 Intersections of Privilege and Power - Issues of race, class, sex and gender are discussed while exploring power and privilege in modern society.
- PESS 144 Contemporary Activities - A variety of activities will be introduced as a means of encouraging movement and expanding the student’s leisure interest profile.
- POLS 177 Human Nature, Politics and Violence - A study of the questions about violence and its origins, causes and cures.
- CME 102 Introduction to Engineering - Overview of engineering and various engineering disciplines.
- CS 115 Computer System and Internet Technology - Explores the principles and strategies for navigating computer systems, servers and the Internet.