Gas leaks are very serious and pose a potential danger for all in the area. In the event of a gas leak, follow these guidelines:
• DO NOT turn on lights or turn on/off any electrical appliances
• DO NOT use any electrical devices such as flashlights, radios, or telephones. They can cause electrical sparks that could ignite the gas fumes.
• DO NOT use the fire alarm
• DO NOT use elevators for evacuation
• DO NOT smoke in the area
• Leave the area immediately, leaving doors and windows open.
• Call 911 immediately. Go to an unaffected area and notify Winona State University Security 507.457.5555 and Facilities Services 507.457.5045.
• Inform others not to enter the affected area.
• If safe to do so, assist in the evacuation of persons with disabilities.
Sheehan Hall 118
Director of Security
Assistant Director of Security