Preparation for Reaccreditation
Winona State University will hosted a Peer Review Team from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) March 19-21. Although this was not the final step in accreditation, it represents a key juncture in the process. In preparation for this event, Winona State University undertook the following actions:
- March 19-21, 2012: HLC on-campus visit
- January 2012: Self Study Report sent to Accreditation Team.
- September – October 2011: Draft reviewed by constituency groups across campus
- Summer 2011: Self-study report drafted, reviewed by editor
- April 2011: Members of the HLC Steering Committee attended HLC’s 116th Annual Meeting
- January – April 2011: HLC Steering Committee compiled information into self-study report draft
- October 2010: Self-Study Survey administered campus wide.
- September 2010 – April 2011: University Mission Statement is reviewed and revised
- October 2009: HLC liaison, Dr. Robert Appleson visited WSU and provided feedback on our progress and Self Study Outline.
- April 2009: Members of the HLC Steering Committee attended HLC’s 114th Annual Meeting
- October 2008-December 2011: Programs and units gathered information and compiled their individual reports
- October 2008: Request for information sent to programs and units
- August 2008 – April 2011: Numerous workshops held across campus in regard to HLC preparation and assessment plans
- August 2008: HLC Steering Committee created Assessment Plan templates as guidance and sub-committees formed
- April 2008: Members of the HLC Steering Committee attend the HLC’s 113th Annual Meeting.
- Fall 2007: WSU’s HLC Steering Committee formed