$1,000 e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship Awards
Academic Year 2012 - 2013
Starts: November 26, 2012
Entries Due By: December 31, 2012
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their generosity has provided over $200,000 in scholarships over the last 11 years.
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 Scholarship Recipients
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 Scholarship Information
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen Capital's commitment to "give back" to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide thirteen (13) $1,000 e-Warrior Scholarships to be awarded for the 2012/2013 school year.
The thirteen (13) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate students enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) at Winona State University. All you need to do to apply for one of these scholarships is to compose a narrative statement on “How will your experience at WSU prepare you for "life in a digital world?"
Be sure to read the Qualifications sections below. Please address all questions to Debbie Sing - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compose a narrative statement (500 words or less) and submit with other required information. See Submission Information below.
- Applications will be accepted from November 19, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
- All or part of the narrative statements submitted may be published or made available to the general public.
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete. Please take the time to check to be sure that all requested information has been submitted.
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on 1) financial need and 2) judging of the narrative statement.
- e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Committee will verify information and may disregard applicants that list incorrect information.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email. Names will also be posted on this WSU web page.
- Completed application form
- Financial Need - please include your unmet need amount from your FAFSA form.
- Unofficial WSU transcript (printed from the on-line registration web page)
- Your completed essay
This Year's Topic
- How will your experience at WSU prepare you for "life in a digital world"?
- Have you used technology in your courses in interesting and innovative ways?
- Have you used technology in ways that may be relevant to your chosen profession?
- How has the technological environment at WSU helped you to be part of the community of learners?
The narrative statements will be judged on 1) CONTENT 2) ORIGINALITY AND 3) DOCUMENT APPEARANCE (correct spelling, punctuation, etc).
- Is written clearly and easy to understand (0-25 points)
- Explains at least one specific example of the use of technology to support learning (0-25 points)
- Demonstrates a good understanding of how technology has changed our world (0-25 points)
- Understands the importance of technological literacy and/or competency (0-25 points)
- Must be a full participant in the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- MUST HAVE COMPLETED 12 OR MORE CREDITS BY AUGUST 26, 2012.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined through the Financial Aid Office.
- Full time student Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters (12 credits or more each semester).
- 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- All majors are eligible.
- Since we have two Aspen Capital sponsored events available this year, (Essay and e-Competition), please note that you may apply for both, but you are only eligible to be awarded ONE Aspen Capital Scholarship per year. If you win two events, the second event scholarship would go to someone else.
- If you are an international student please submit statement of financial need to Debra Sing - DSing@winona.edu.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon (on a date to be announced) to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).