$1,000 e-Warrior Aspen Capital
Essay Scholarship Awards
Academic Year 2013 - 2014
Starts: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Entries Due By: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their generosity has provided over $220,000 in scholarships over the last 12 years.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen Capital's commitment to "give back" to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide twelve (12) $1,000 e-Warrior Scholarships to be awarded for the 2013/2014 school year.
The twelve (12) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate students enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) at Winona State University. All you need to do to apply for one of these scholarships is to compose a narrative statement about how YOU, WSU.
This Year's Topic
Tell us how YOU, WSU. How do you integrate WSU devices (laptops, tablets) into your everyday life. Not just school, but clubs, sports, extracurricular activities, dorms, anything WSU! Have you used technology in ways that may be relevant to your chosen profession?
Go to www.winona.edu/scholarships and click on "apply". The window will be open from 11/13/13 - 12/31/13. Don't wait - if you meet the qualifications listed below, you can submit now. It's easy - you can write your essay and then copy and paste it into the online application.
- Must be a full participant in the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program, using a WSU laptop and/or tablet.
- MUST HAVE COMPLETED 12 OR MORE CREDITS BY AUGUST 26, 2013.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined through the Financial Aid Office.
- Full time student Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semesters (12 credits or more each semester).
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- All majors are eligible.
- Since we have two Aspen Capital sponsored events available this year, (Essay and e-Competition), please note that you may apply for both, but you are only eligible to be awarded ONE Aspen Capital Scholarship per year. If you win two events, the second event scholarship would go to someone else.
- If you are an international student please submit statement of financial need in your essay online.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon during spring semester (on a date to be announced) to meet with your benefactor, Peggy Tomcheck from Aspen Capital (casual attire).
- Compose a narrative statement (500 words or less) and submit with other required information. See Submission Information below.
- Applications will be accepted online from November 13, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- All or part of the narrative statements submitted may be published or made available to the general public.
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete. Please take the time to check to be sure that all requested information has been completed online.
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on 1) financial need and 2) judging of the narrative statement.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in January 2014, by email. Names will also be posted on this WSU web page.
The narrative statements will be judged on 1) CONTENT 2) ORIGINALITY AND 3) DOCUMENT APPEARANCE (correct spelling, punctuation, etc).
- Is written clearly and easy to understand (0-25 points)
- Explains at least one specific example of how you integrate WSU devices (0-25 points)
- Demonstrates a good understanding of how technology has changed our world (0-25 points)
- Understands the importance of technological literacy and/or competency (0-25 points)
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete or are inappropriate.
- The e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Committee will verify information and may disregard applicants that list incorrect information.
If you have any questions, please email Debbie Sing at email@example.com.