Short Term Usage Policy - (one week maximum)
- Laptops for short term use (rentals) are available at the Technical Support Center for WSU employees and enrolled WSU students.
- Students will have a short term usage fee (rental) added to their student account upon return of the laptop.
- Faculty/staff will sign a chargeback authorizing the rental fee to be charged to their department.
- Upon return of the laptop, the laptop will be inspected for any damages. Charges for damages or late returns will then be assessed to the student/faculty/staff account (see agreement for specifics).
- Laptops can be checked out for the following terms: 4 hours, daily, weekend (Friday after 3:00 p.m. until Monday 9:00 a.m.) Long term requests are considered to be one week only.
Laptop Short Term Usage Rates and Late Fees
| Length of Usage
||Charge|| Late Charge
| 4-Hour Rate
||$5.00|| $5.00 per 4 hours (business hours)
| Daily Rate
||$10.00|| $10.00 per day until returned
| Weekend Rate
| Weekly Rate
| Special Setup
||$45.00 per hour
*All rates listed for short term usage are based on the client coming to the Technical Support Center to pick up a laptop and returning the laptop to the technical support center. Requests for adding special software, delivery and set-up of laptops, and technical support staffing assistance outside of the TSC will be charged at a rate of $45.00 per hour. If extra peripheral equipment is provided additional costs may apply. These special circumstances often need advanced planning. Please call the technical support center or email firstname.lastname@example.org with these requests.