Political Science Degree ProgramsPolitical science deals with the theory and practice of politics, government and administration. The essence of political science is to discover how, when and why people and governments shape public decisions. As an academic discipline, it includes:
- Public Law
- Public Policy
- Political Theory
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Foreign Policy
- Comparative Governments of Modern and Developing Nations
MajorWhen you decide to major in Political Science, you have the choice between the general option or the international option.
- BA Major Political Science Option A - General – (POLA)
- BA Major Political Science Option B - International – (POLB)
MinorA Political Science minor is also offered which can be studied to supplement another major:
The Bachelor of Science major and minor in Public Administration are designed to prepare students for an administrative career in public and nonprofit agencies. The core curriculum of this program provides students with the competency areas recommended by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
Public Administration Major
- BS Major Public Administration (PUBA)
- BS Minor Public Administration (PUBA)