Instructor and student

Financial Aid Services


It has come to our attention that Winona State University students have been receiving letters and emails from different companies offering Financial Aid Services for a cost.  Winona State University does not endorse these services.  You should not have to pay to apply for financial aid, or to receive information about financial aid.  If you have questions about the FAFSA application, you can either call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665, or the WSU Financial Aid Office.

Office Information
Located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Hall#
Office Hours
School Year - Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Summer - Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Telephone Numbers
Main Phone Line: 507.457.5090
FAX Line: 507.457.5628
Winona State University Toll Free: 800.DIAL.WSU (342.5978)
Email (Please include your name and student ID number)

Q: Do I file a FAFSA yearly?

A: The FAFSA application needs to be completed every year that you need to use financial aid.  It is best to complete the FAFSA as soon as you have completed your Federal income taxes.  Students submitting the FAFSA after May 15th are considered late filers, and may experience a delay in fall semester financial aid.

Q: What is my award letter?

A: To help you determine how much financial aid you will need for the school year, you need to read the information on the website titled Award Letter 2012-2013.  If you are borrowing from a student loan, you need to complete the necessary steps to secure the loan.

Q: Do I file a FAFSA for loans?

A: The Federal Direct loan, the Federal Perkins loan, and the MN SELF loan require that you file a FAFSA application before you can borrow from one of these loans.  After you file your FAFSA application, you will be sent an award letter letting you know what types of financial aid you are eligible for.  Once you receive your award letter, you can apply for your student loan(s).

Q: When is tuition due?

A: This information is available by viewing our payment calendar.

Q: When is aid disbursed?

A: This information is available by viewing Financial Aid Disbursement 

FAFSA Application
FAFSA Application
Fill out your 2010-2011 and your 2011-2012 FAFSA application.
Federal Teach Grant
Federal Teach Grant

Yearly grants of up to $4,000 are available to students who plan to teach in schools that serve students from low-income families.

MN Child Care Grant
MN Child Care Grant
The Child Care Grant Program helps low-income undergraduate students who have young children pay for child care.
Employment Opportunities
Employment Opportunities

Work-study, student-help, part-time and full-time summer student job listings

Work Study Employers
Work Study Employers

WSU departments with Work Study budgets.

Employment Information
Employment Information

General information on student employment