StartUp Winona State
Entrepreneurship is not only starting a new business. It is also identifying issues in our society that need new solutions or new products that meet the challenge or issues we encounter in our lives. It’s about facing challenges at each step of creativity and innovation.
Even as our world needs more innovative solutions, it can be hard to take an idea to a successful business or non-profit all on your own. That’s where StartUp Winona State comes in.
StartUp Winona State connects people with ideas and energy with resources and training they need to take action. We help students bring their ideas to the next level by:
- Providing a supportive environment and professional resources so students can incubate their ideas
- Creating opportunities for student groups to form and create innovative solutions that make positive impacts on their school, community and lives
- Bringing together alumni, faculty, business and non-profit leaders to mentor students
- Connecting local and regional businesses with fresh entrepreneurial energy and ideas
- Offering students the resources, networking and learning experiences to bring their ideas into focus
- Giving access to prototyping, fabrication fab labs, makerspaces and other labs
- Developing skills through a variety of classes, seminars, workshops and in-class projects
In this entrepreneurial ecosystem, students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members will become founders, creators and community-builders.
Together, we’ll become the next generation of entrepreneurs and drive economic growth throughout Winona and Southeast Minnesota.
How to Get Involved
Through the StartUp Winona State process, students will:
- Learn how to strategically develop and launch a new venture or innovative initiative
- Develop professional skills and habits for working with mentors, partners and other key stakeholders
- Be prepared to present ideas to panels of experts and entrepreneurs
Get started on your idea today!