Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Be all about that proactive life. Make sure you have all the classes you need to guarantee your acceptance to WSU.
Our admissions office requires the following preparation for high school applicants.
Are you missing some course preparation or close to the GPA or test score?
Don’t worry! You may still be admitted to WSU.
High School Course Preparation
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (2 years algebra & 1 year geometry)
- 3 years of science (1 year biological science & 1 year chemistry or physics-- all should include labs)
- 3 years of social studies (including 1 year U.S. history)
- 2 years of world language (American Sign Language is accepted, but no sampler or review courses)
- 1 year of specified electives (world cultures, computer science, arts, music)
Guaranteed Freshman Admission
If you are a student with the following qualifications, you will be guaranteed admission to Winona State:
- 3.00 GPA or top 50% class rank AND no ACT/SAT OR any ACT/SAT score
- 2.75 GPA or top 66% AND ACT 21 or higher (SAT 1060)
Transfer Admissions Requirements
Transfer students who have completed at least 24 credits at a nationally accredited college or university with a 2.4 GPA or higher will generally be admitted.
If your cumulative college GPA is between 2.2 and 2.39, a transfer specialist will review your application and may contact you for further information.
Transfer students do not need to send ACT/SAT scores unless they have earned less than 24 transferable college credits.
All students are encouraged to apply early, especially those eligible for scholarships.
Academic Program Admissions
Admission to the University is the first step. Some degree programs may have additional standards for entrance into the major after you are enrolled at WSU.
- College of Business degrees
- College of Education degrees
- Nursing major
- Social Work major
- Athletic Training major
We’ve got your answer. Call or email us with questions about your situation at 507.457.5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appeal Your Admissions Decision
Every decision is not written in stone.
If you don’t get the decision you were expecting from Winona State, you can appeal the decision by submitting a personal statement and two letters of recommendation to the Application Appeals Committee.
Learn more about the appeal process at WSU.