Apply for Financial Aid

To apply for federal and state financial aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

You’ll need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive financial aid. Filing the FAFSA as a first-year student doesn’t mean you’ll automatically get financial aid your second year.

Financial aid is usually awarded for the Fall and spring semesters. But aid is also available if you want to take summer courses or study abroad.

Fall & Spring Financial Aid Process

Don’t Forget about Scholarships

Completing your FAFSA is one (huge) step toward making college more affordable.

To get the most amount of financial aid, you’ll need to complete separate applications for WSU Foundation scholarships, WSU academic department scholarships, and other outside scholarship programs.

Learn more about how to apply for scholarships.

Need to Update Information in Your FAFSA?

If you made a mistake, you can correct information in your FAFSA online.

What If Your Circumstances Change?

Major changes in your family circumstances such as loss of employment, high medical expenses, or death could impact the financial aid you’re able to receive.

If you’ve completed the FAFSA and are experiencing this situation, you may submit a Special Conditions Review Form.

The Financial Aid Office will review your information and determine whether any changes can be made.