Enroll at WSU

When you first register for classes, you become officially enrolled at WSU. No extra steps are needed. 

A new student must apply to WSU first. You’ll become enrolled as you prepare for your first semester.

If you are returning to WSU, then you will need to follow certain steps to re-enroll. You are considered a returning student if you are: 

  • Transferring back to WSU from another institution
  • Returning after academic suspension
  • Returning after a leave from school 

Do you want to take courses at WSU but not pursue a degree? Then you are welcome to register as a guest student. 

WSU also offers a Senior Citizen Program for older adults who wish to take courses.

Return to WSU

If you took a semester off from school, whether due to an academic suspension or personal reasons, you must complete a re-enrollment form: 

You will need to provide your official transcripts of any schools you attended since your last date of attendance at WSU as part of your re-enrollment request.

WSU will retrieve transcripts from all Minnesota State institutions. If you attended any non-Minnesota State schools, request that they send your transcripts to WSU Admissions.

Enroll as a PSEO Student

Through the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option, high school students can take college courses for dual high school and college credit.

Learn more about enrolling as a PSEO student.

Enroll as a Guest Student

Guest students can attend for one term and complete a new registration agreement each term.

Register as a guest student at Winona State. 

Enroll in the Senior Citizen Program

Through a state statute, older adults can continue their lifelong learning at many Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.

Senior citizens may enroll in classes based on space availability once all tuition-paying students have been accommodated. This means that you can enroll in classes which still have open seats as of the second day of class.

To enroll at WSU through the Senior Citizen Program, you must: 

  1. Register as a guest student
  2. Provide a photocopy of your driver’s license or state ID to prove your age and that you are a Minnesota resident
  3. Follow all other registration requirements, including prerequisites courses

Student & Course Fees

While you won’t have to pay tuition as a senior citizen, you will be expected to cover certain student fees.

 If you don’t want to receive credit for the class, make sure that you declare audit status for the course at the time of registration. You will need the instructor’s permission to audit a course. 

Whether you take a course as an audit or for credit, you are responsible for paying any required laboratory, material, or course fees. Fees vary by course.

Contact the Warrior Hub
Warrior Hub


P.O. Box 5838
Winona, MN 55987-5838

Email the Warrior Hub
Office Hours
Maxwell 209

Academic Year

Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm


Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm