Student & Academic Records

WSU keeps a wide variety of records for each student and alumni.

These records include grades, declared majors, and transcripts as well as personal information like contact information.

Understand Data Privacy

As a student, you have certain rights to data privacy guaranteed by law. Learn more about how your student data is maintained and protected at WSU.

Change Your Major or Minor

To update your major on record, complete the Declaration of Major/Minor Form. Use this same form whether you want to: 

  • Go from undecided to choosing a major or minor 
  • Switch your declared major or minor
  • Add another major or minor
  • Remove a major or minor

It’s important to keep your declared major up to date because then you can track your progress in your Degree Audit. Also, some classes are only open to students in that program.

You will log in with and your StarID password. This form has two sections, and all required fields must be completed to submit the form.

Grades, Transcripts, & Diploma

Each semester, final grades are posted and available for students to view within Student eServices

As you pursue your degree program, you build up a transcript of courses you’ve taken and grades received. Students and alumni can request a transcript at any time. 

Learn how to check your grades and order transcripts or duplicate diploma

Need to Transfer Credits?

WSU accepts many types of credits including credits from accredited colleges or universities, credits earned by exams, and military credits. 

You can use Transferology to see how credits from schools outside of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system might be applied toward your major or general graduation requirements. You can use Student eServices to view equivalencies across the Minnesota State system by selecting the magnifying glass next to the course listing

Learn more about how to transfer credits to WSU

To request transfer of credit from schools within the Minnesota State system or if you disagree with how your credits were transferred, you can submit the Degree Audit & Transfer Credit Request Form

Update Your Information

Have you moved? Want to go by a different name? Looking to get a new advisor?

Follow the processes below to keep your student records up to date.

To change your advisor, please fill out the Advisor Change Form.

You will log in with and your StarID password, and all required fields must be completed to submit the form.

For any current advisors listed, student must select a “status” for each one:

  • “Keep”
  • “Remove”
  • “Change this Advisor”

If you choose the option to “Change this Advisor,” you have to explain why you are requesting the change. You can add more comments if you want, such as listing a specific person you’d like to be your new advisor.

You will get an email notification once this form is processed. Be sure to look at your Degree Audit to make sure the changes are correct

If you have any questions, please reach out to the Warrior Hub at or 507.457.2800.

If you would prefer to list a different name in your student records, edit your preferred name in Student eServices.

If you have legally changed your name, complete the Legal Name Change Request Form.

You’ll also need to provide court documentation authorizing a name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court ordered name change.

You can update your address in Student eServices by:

  1. Selecting the option for “Account Management” and then choose “Address Info” from the drop down menu
  2. Selecting “View” or “Edit” for the appropriate address type (Permanent or Local)

If you have already applied to graduate, please contact the Warrior Hub to update the address on your application.

International Students

If you move to a different address in the United States, you must update eServices with your new address within 10 days.

All non-U.S. citizens are required to keep up to date records for their permanent or local address within the United States.

If you do not report your new address within 10 days, you may be fined, imprisoned, or deported.

Contact the Warrior Hub
Warrior Hub


P.O. Box 5838
Winona, MN 55987-5838

Email the Warrior Hub
Office Hours
Maxwell 209

Academic Year

Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm


Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm