Unofficial transcripts are generally used on campus by students and advisors.
Enrolled and former students (1980 and beyond) have online access via Student e-services to their academic record. Students may view and immediately print an unofficial copy of their academic record to their own local printer.Please follow the instructions below to access your unofficial transcript (available to students attending after 1980). You will need to have your StarID and password available to log in to this site. If you have forgotten your password, StarID or have not yet activated your StarID, go to the StarID website to obtain your StarID or reset your password (you will need your WSU tech ID to activate your StarID).
- Log in to the Student eServices page. Note: If you need/want your name to appear on the document, remember to check the "Display Name" box.
- Click on "Academic Records" from the menu on the left and then “Unofficial Transcripts”.
- Leave the “Sort By” selection as “Chronological” and then click the “Get Academic Record” button.
- Your academic record/unofficial transcript will appear on the screen and can be downloaded/printed by clicking the PDF icon and saving a copy.
Official Transcripts (Current Students)
Official Transcripts sent via mail or pickup are free for current students and students who have recently graduated within one semester.
Transcripts being sent to a Minnesota State College or University do not need to be ordered via this service. Please contact the school's Admissions or Registrar's Office to which you are transferring and ask them to access an e-transcript for you. There is no charge for this service.
Free Delivery Options
- Walk-Up Service - Official Transcript Requests can be made in person at the Warrior Hub (Maxwell 209). These will be free for current students and recent graduates. They will be paper-based and provided in a sealed envelope.
- WSU Online Form - Current students have the option to use WSU’s free Transcript Request process. Transcripts will be processed within 5-7 business days. If you are mailing your transcript Internationally or via Express service, extra mailing fees may apply.
Online PDF Delivery
Current students who wish to send secure PDF transcripts via email to their recipient(s) will need to pay for the online delivery service through our Student Clearinghouse vendor.
The fee is $8 per online transcript requested.
Note: WSU may withhold official records and documents such as transcripts, diplomas, and enrollment/degree certifications for individuals with outstanding financial obligations to the University.
Official Transcripts (Alumni/Former Students)
Online Transcript Request
WSU has selected to partner with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering for our Alumni.
Alumni and former students can order eTranscripts (emailed PDF delivery), mailed paper transcripts or International mailed transcripts via an online service. The fee is $8 per online transcript requested.
Paper Request Form
For those members of our Winona State University Community who no longer have access to our online systems or who wish to use paper instead of an online process, please complete the transcript request form.
Please print the form and enter the information requested. You must sign your request and either send to the following address or deliver to the WSU Warrior Hub (Maxwell 2nd floor). Please include a check or money order in the amount of $8.00 made payable to:
Winona State University – Transcript Request
Winona State University
P.O. Box 5838
Winona, MN 55987-5838
Note: Official transcripts are issued in the order they are requested. Because of demand, individuals ordering transcripts near the end of the term should allow at least two weeks for delivery.
WSU may withhold official records and documents such as transcripts, diplomas, and enrollment/degree certifications for individuals with outstanding financial obligations to the University.
Transcripts for MinnState Transfer Students
For WSU students who have attended other schools within the Minnesota State system, we are able to process transcripts electronically for free. Students are simply asked to complete the online eTranscript transfer request form.
Note: This form is not a request to have WSU provide you with an electronic version of your WSU transcript via email or to mail of copy of your WSU transcript.
Students are asked to be sure that they have cleared up any holds on their account at the schools from which they are requesting WSU process transcripts. Any questions about this process or the status of a transcript evaluation should be directed to the Warrior Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.457.2800.
Note: WSU does not fax transcripts.