Recreation Tourism and Therapeutic Recreation at Winona State University
Consider an RTTR major if you are looking for a professional career where you work to help others enhance their personal growth and development. The RTTR department is part of the College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
We hope you will visit this site often. Our diverse and engaged RTTR faculty serves students, community, practitioners and alumni. Please feel free to contact any RTTR faculty member with program, internship, or other questions and ideas.
Roger Riley, RTTR Chairperson
RTTR Honors & Awards
- 10 RTTR students selected for an MRPA conference award: Jacob Stenberg, John Tews, Kristin Seifert, Autumn Rife, Theresa Pipek, Rebecca Olson, Andrea Gronlund, Tyler Buckley, Lindsey Blaskowski, Jennifer Andorfer.
- Winona State University Outstanding Student Award, 2014 RTTR recipients: McKenzie Johnson(Therapeutic Recreation Major) & Lissa Martinez (Recreation and Tourism Major).
- Two RTTR students received a scholarship from the Minnesota Recreation and Parks Foundation (2011).
- One RTTR student, Bailey Nissen (Therapeutic Recreation Major) received a scholarship from the Minnesota Therapeutic Recreation Association (2013).
- Caitlin Courtney, an RTTR alum, received August 2014 Volunteer of the Month from Live Well Winona.
- Congratulations Georgia Porter, winner of Winona Senior Friendship Center Scholarship.