Recreation, Tourism and Therapeutic Recreation at Winona State University
With nearly 210 Recreation studies programs across the nation, Winona State University's RTTR program was ranked 13th for best value bachelor’s degree in parks, recreation, and leisure.
This complements Winona State’s other awards:
- “America’s 100 Best College Buys”- for 19 consecutive years (Institutional Research and Evaluation)
- “Best in the Midwest” – for 11 consecutive years (The Princeton Review)
- WSU Ranks Second in Minnesota (U.S. News Media Report, 2015)
As a Recreation professional you can use your skills to help people with disabilities recover, create programs for children, plan events for major corporations or manage a hotel in another part of the world.
- Americans spend about 5.3 hours per day on leisure activities (Bureau of Labor Statistics [BLS], 2014)
- Americans spend about 10% of their income on leisure - RT professionals provide most of these opportunities (Forbes, 2009)
- Travel and tourism ranks #1 of all US industry exports - 1 out of 9 jobs in the US are tourism-related (US Travel Association, 2013)
- Recreation Therapists' median pay is $45,890 per year (BLS, 2015)
Roger Riley, PhD