Winona State University Theme
For WSU and for the Winona community, partnering around year-long themes has proven to be an effective strategy for bringing faculty, staff, students and community members to the engagement table.
2016-17 Theme: Our Digital Humanity
Our Digital Humanity examines human life in the digital age. Together, we’ll explore the impact digital tools have on individuals, institutions, systems, societies, and our interconnected world; and the implications for our collective future.
- Cultivate ethical, responsible, inclusive and resilient digital citizens.
- Explore how digital tools have changed the way Winona State faculty, staff and students research, create, communicate, relate, learn and teach.
- Examine disruption across industries, communities, economies, ecologies, and other systems.
- Increase literacy of how everyday digital tools collect, process, harvest and analyze our daily human behavior.
- Consider the human costs of life in the digital age; and the futures we want to create.
Explore all of the events surrounding the 2016-17 University Theme.