Child Welfare Stipend
IV-E Child Welfare Funding is available for undergraduate BSW social work students interested in public and child welfare.
IV-E BSW Students
- Prepare to work with vulnerable children who are risk of foster care and out of home placement.
- Take specific social work and child welfare classes.
- Receive a stipend of $2250 per semester.
- Complete their Practicum at a county child welfare setting.
- Upon graduation seek and accept, if offered within 3 months of graduation, a child welfare job in a county, state or tribal child welfare agency.
- Remain employed in a public or tribal child welfare position for a length of time equivalent to the amount of time financial support was received.
Interested social work students - Please watch the following video regarding what a realistic job preview of work in this field may be like. You will be asked about this video when you interview for the IV-E stipend program.
If you are interested in applying to the Child Welfare Scholars Program, please complete the application below.
Social Work students who have been accepted or are currently taking the Social Work Practice classes are eligible. Students are typically admitted each semester. Application deadlines are the fourth Tuesday in October and fourth Tuesday in March.