The Human Resources Office of Winona State University understands that employees have several ID numbers to utilize. Here is a helpful summary of your State/SEMA-4 ID, WSU Tech/Warrior ID and your STAR ID.
STATE ID (Sema4 ID Number)
- Every employee of the state of Minnesota is given a State ID number. This does not change. You may find your STATE ID number by calling or emailing the Human Resources Office (507.457.5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You use your STATE ID number to log into the State of Minnesota Employee Self Service Website.
- This is the site to view your paystubs, W-2s, and benefit information online. This is also the site you use to enroll in your insurance.
WSU Tech ID (Warrior ID Number)
- Every WSU employee gets a Tech ID number. You should receive this information with your New Employee Network Account. You may also obtain this number by calling or emailing the Technical Support Center (507.457.5240 or Techsupport@winona.edu).
- This number is used for access to many different systems across campus from class lists & grading to door access. This is also the number that will print on your WSU ID Card.
STAR ID (MnSCU ID Number)
- The intent of the STAR ID is to eventually replace the WSU Tech ID, so that each MnSCU employee has 1 ID number, especially if they are working for multiple campuses. Please note that this does not replace your STATE ID number.
- You may obtain this number by visiting the STAR ID website
- This number is used for access to such MnSCU Systems as E-Time, and Tuition Waivers.