New Employee Resources
The Human Resources Office would like to congratulate you on your appointment with Winona State University. We’re glad you’re here! Please refer to these New Employee Resources to get started. Included are helpful checklists, new hire paperwork, the new employee handbook and more.
Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the important information below:
Prior to Your First Day
These forms must be completed and returned to Human Resources (Somsen 114) either prior to or on your first day:
- Notice of Intent to Collect Private Data (pdf)
- New Employee Data Sheet (pdf)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf)
- This form is required by law and must be submitted within 3 days of your start date, you will need to provide the appropriate documentation and complete an I-9 Form.
- Rochester Employees may contact Kristi Ziegler (firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.285.7157).
- Winona Employees may contact the Human Resources Office (email@example.com or 507.457.5005).
- W-4 (pdf)
- Retirement Checklist for New Hires (pdf)
- Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization (pdf) (Attach a voided, bank check)
- Marketplace Notice for New Hires
After Employment Starts
First Day Resources
Required Training for All New Employees
- The Science of Supervision (registration via Enterprise Learning Management)
- The Art of Supervision (registration via Enterprise Learning Management)
Additional training such as Emergency Management, Hazardous Waste and Blood Borne Pathogens may be required based on your position.