How To Apply
School of Graduate Studies
Using the link provided below, log in and begin using the WSU School of Graduate Studies Online Application. You will either use your existing StarID or you will be asked to create a new StarID.
Please Note: The School of Graduate Studies Application for Admission form is online. Please use the Online Application for Admission.
The Graduate Programs in Graduate Induction Program, Counselor Education, Master of Science in Education and Professional Science Masters all require an additional paper application form specific to their department.
Nursing students are required to upload additional application materials to the Nursing CAS online application.
Please visit these respective websites to access additional application forms.
WSU requires a $20 application fee that can be paid online. If mailing a check or money order, please have it made out to Winona State University. All first time graduate applications require this fee. Payment of this fee as an undergraduate student does not waive this fee for the graduate application.
Request one official transcript directly from each institution that you have attended. You do not need to request transcripts from WSU or other Minnesota State schools, as we have access to print these transcripts. Electronic transcripts are preferred and should be sent to email@example.com. If the transcripts are being mailed, they should be sent to:
Winona State University
School of Graduate Studies
PO Box 5838
All transcripts should be submitted directly by each institution to the School of Graduate Studies Office. Transcripts must show that the student has received a Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by an appropriate national accrediting body, a regional accrediting agency, or by the reporting state agency of the state in which the college or university is located.
Admission to Graduate Study does not mean admission to a degree or certificate program. Applications for a degree or certificate program will be reviewed by the department offering that program. You will be notified, in writing, if you are admitted or denied admission to the program.
Please follow the steps below to apply for admission to a graduate program at Winona State
- Complete the online WSU Graduate Application for Admissions
- If you have attended a university outside of the United States, send official course evaluations (evaluated by ECE, WES or another recognized agency) directly to the School of Graduate Studies Office from the evaluation agency for each international institution attended
- If you have attended a university in the United States, send one official transcript directly to the School of Graduate Studies from each institution you attended. Electronic transcripts are preferred.
- Send an official TOEFL or IELTS report with a minimum IBT score of 90 for the TOEFL and 6.5 for the IELTS. Documents must be sent to the School of Graduate Studies Office directly from the agency issuing the report. For admission to a graduate program, students must meet the minimum language proficiency requirement. Departments may set a higher passing number for their programs. Please review departmental websites for additional information.
- Submit a completed Financial Information Form along with an original bank statement(s) with a minimum balance of $22,294.00 US dollars dated within six months of application date to the International Student & Scholar Services Office.
- Please provide a photocopy of your passport to the International Student & Scholar Services Office.
- All students are required to complete a WSU Student Immunization Record form. Those students born on or before Dec. 31,
1956are required to complete the form,but are not required to supply immunization dates. All others (except those with a physician signed medical or notarized conscientious exemption) are required to have the following immunizations:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR): one dose is required after your 1st birthday
- Diphtheria-Tetanus (
tD): Must be within the last 10 years
If you are a Wisconsin resident please submit an Online Reciprocity Application. Select "Apply for MN-WI tuition reciprocity."