Advising in the College of Science and Engineering
All students are assigned faculty advisors in the College of Science and Engineering at WSU. Faculty advisors support students with:
- Using resources to make good decisions
- Course planning
- Career paths
- Networking in the major
- Career opportunities
- Academic mentoring
Students may also opt to meet with Laura McCauley, Advising Specialist, for additional advising support. Laura offers direction on:
- Exploring various STEM career paths
- Choosing the best suited major when undecided
- What to do when you think you chose the wrong major
- Goal setting and time management
- Resources to maximize college success
- How to be successful in STEM courses
- Establishing priorities in college
- Building an effective STEM focused resume
- Transferring courses from other institutions
- WSU resources and more
Get to know Laura McCauley, the College of Science and Engineering Advising Specialist
Laura joined the College of Science and Engineering staff in January 2015 as Advising Specialist. She is passionate about student success in STEM focused careers and enjoys serving as a guide on the side for students interested in additional direction and support.
Laura offers her past experience as Assistant Professor and Program Director for the Master of Arts in Literacy at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota along with her work as a science teacher in White Bear Lake, MN.
Feel free to ask about Laura’s additional adventures with birds at both the Minnesota Zoo and the Raptor Center in St. Paul, MN. She has stories to tell, but most importantly, she wants to work with students to help them establish and reach their goals.
Laura’s alma matter for both graduate and undergraduate degrees is the University of Minnesota.