Classified Temporary Hires
Contact Human Resources for any questions on the classified temporary hire process.
- Develop a Position Description: Will the pre-developed temporary position descriptions available (posted on the HR website) be sufficient for the temporary assignment needed?
- If Yes = Refer to number 2
- If No = Develop a classified position description (PD) and submit to HR for the job auditing process. See the information on developing a position description. This step must be completed prior to moving forward in the temporary hiring process. Once the PD has been classified refer to number 2
- Complete a Classified Temporary Appointment Form. Route for signature. HR will contact you once we've received the completed authorization.
- After HR confirms that the completed authorization form has been received, you must answer the following question: Do you have an applicant in mind to hire for your temporary appointment?
- If Yes = Refer to number 5
- If No = Request the temporary files from HR to review and refer to number 4
- Do you want to use the pre-approved rating forms to rate the temporary applicants? (Contact the Affirmative Action Office to view the pre-approved rating forms)
- If Yes = Rate the applicants and refer to number 5
- If No = Develop your rating forms and submit to the Affirmative Action Office for approval. Once approved, you can begin rating the temporary applicants and then refer to number 5.
- Do you want to conduct an interview?
- If Yes = Refer to number 6
- If No = Refer to number 7
- Interview Questions: Do you want to use the pre-approved interview questions from the Affirmative Action Office? (Contact Affirmative Action Office to view the pre-approved interview questions)
- If Yes = Refer to number 7
- If No = Develop your interview questions and submit to the Affirmative Action Office for approval. Once approved, conduct your interview and refer to number 7
- Testing: Do you want to test the applicant?
- If Yes = Refer to number 8
- If No = Conduct your interview, if you've chosen to do so (upon completion of step 6), and submit the name of the applicant to HR that you've chosen for hire. HR will determine compensation, call and offer the temporary appointment to the applicant and contact you upon completion.
- Contact the Affirmative Action to set up a time to test the applicant. Affirmative Action will discuss the pre-approved testing applications available, as well as the possibility of customized testing. Upon completion of the testing, contact HR and submit the name of the applicant you've chosen for hire. HR will establish compensation, call and offer the temporary appointment to the applicant and contact you upon completion.