WSU uses direct deposit to electronically transfer funds to students' bank accounts, including:
- Student Paychecks
- Student Refunds
- Financial Aid Overage Amounts
If you receive financial aid of any kind-- including any scholarships-- you need to set up direct deposit so WSU can disburse your aid. This is required even if you don't expect any extra funds left after paying your student account balance.
Students who do not have a valid bank account listed will experience a delay in receiving their overage amounts.
If you have questions about your direct deposit, please stop by the Student Accounts in Maxwell 205 or call:
- 1.800.242.8978 ext. 5075
How to Set Up Your Direct Deposit
You will need your bank routing number and account number to set up your direct deposit information.
- Log into Student eServices
- Select "Financial Aid" from the main menu options
- Select "Direct Deposit Setup"
- Select "Add Direct Deposit Account"
- Enter your bank account type, routing number and account number
- Re-enter your password and select "Save"
All bank account information is secure and encrypted, and it will be accessed only the WSU Business Office.
You can change your direct deposit account at any time in Student eServices as well.