New Employee Resources
The Human Resources Office would like to congratulate you on your appointment with Winona State University. We’re glad you’re here! Please refer to these New Employee Resources to get started. Included are helpful checklists, new hire paperwork, the new employee handbook and more.
Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the important information below.
Prior to Your First Day
These forms must be completed and returned to Human Resources (Somsen 114) either prior to or on your first day:
- Notice of Intent to Collect Private Data (pdf)
- New Employee Data Sheet (pdf)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf)
This form is required by law and must be submitted within 3 days of your start date. You will need to provide the appropriate documentation and complete an I-9 Form.
Rochester Employees may contact Kristi Ziegler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.285.7157. Winona Employees may contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 507.457.5005.
- W-4 (pdf)
- Retirement Checklist for New Hires (pdf)
- Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization (pdf) (Attach a voided, bank check)
- Marketplace Notice for New Hires
After Employment Starts
First Day Resources
Required Training for All New Employees
- Code of Conduct (ELM)
- Public Jobs: Private Data (D2L)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention (D2L)
- Sexual Violence Awareness (D2L)
- Shots Fired - Active Shooter (ELM)
See Training and Development for Employees site for additional details and D2L/ELM login instructions.
Additional training such as Emergency Management, Hazardous Waste and Blood Borne Pathogens may be required based on your position.
- Adjunct Faculty Resource Guide (pdf)
- Adjunct New Hire Checklist (pdf)
- Clinic Directory
- Employee Discounts
- ID Information
- State of MN Employee Self-Service Page
- Star Alert
- Viewing Paycheck Information Online
- Winona Visitors Center
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Notice for New Hires