Filing a Complaint
The Office is charged with investigating campus Title IX complaints, such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating/relationship violence, or stalking, as well as all complaints of harassment or discrimination.
If you wish to file a complaint or seek additional information regarding the campus policies or the investigative process, please contact the Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs.
Submit a Report
The University allows for online submission of reports of complaints regarding alleged violations of University policy. You may choose to remain anonymous.
Persons wishing to file a report of sexual harassment or sexual violence may do so through the confidential Sexual Misconduct, Dating/Relationship Violence or Stalking Incident Report Form.
Persons wishing to file a report regarding any other incident may do so through the I Witnessed Report Form.
You may also speak with a confidential gender based violence advocate by calling 507.457.5610. An advocate will be able to provide you information regarding area resources and reporting options without any obligation to file a formal complaint. For more information about the gender based advocates, please visit the RE-Initiative site.
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.1.1 Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
- WSU Form: Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF)
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy (115 KiB) (PDF)
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.3.1 Sexual Violence Procedure (137 KiB) (PDF)
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013
- Jeanne Clery Act