WSU offers a variety of summer campus for children and teens. Get ready to explore new interests and hobbies, nurture your creativity, and foster a love of learning.
At Scrubs Camp, you’ll learn from healthcare professionals while exploring healthcare careers, including becoming a doctor and nurse to other careers you may not have thought of such as:
- surgical technician
- medical lab sciences
- emergency medical services
Scrubs Camp is a week-long residential camp for students who are entering grades 9-12 in Fall 2024 and wish to learn about a growing field, make new friends, and experience college life at WSU.
Participants live in a traditional residence hall on WSU’s campus and take part in a variety of activities related to health care.
This program is co-sponsored by HealthForce MN, a Center of Excellence focusing on healthcare innovation, diversity, and learning.
The $400 registration fee covers all housing, meals, scrubs, and instruction/programs/field trips. You may pay this fee online.
Full scholarships are available to students who demonstrate financial need. Students must fill out a scholarship application first. If the scholarship is granted, recipients will be informed and automatically registered for camp.
Contact Scrubs Camp at email@example.com with questions.
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), we are pleased to offer the nationally acclaimed Camp Invention® program to children entering grades K-6 in Fall 2024.
This exciting, week-long summer adventure provides lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering, and innovation.
Camp Invention’s activities give participants the opportunity to explore, create and build confidence as they bring their biggest ideas to life.
Local educators facilitate the program and enthusiastic high school students serve as Leadership Interns, ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children.
What to Expect
During this program, young innovators will enhance their:
- Problem-solving skills: Campers explore physics, design engineering, and art as they build their own mini skate park, create DIY riders, personalize their mini skateboards, and try out challenging features like ramps, bowls, jumps, and rails.
- Creativity: To create an epic celebration, campers become event planners who engineer light-up party hats, use the science of color to create a bubble art banner, and invent a Party Assistant to help bring their plans to life.
- Persistence: Campers transform their own robot into a one-of-a-kind animatronic stuffie, and then use inspiration from nature and the power of intellectual property to protect their creation from an idea-stealing Copy Cat.
- Entrepreneurship skills: Ideas pop up as campers launch their own pop-up business, make smart financial decisions, and use entrepreneurship skills and creative strategies to attract customers with the ultimate pop-up event.
You’ll attend college-level courses and workshops to build your skills for academic and personal success.Register for HOPE Academy