Children's Center Employment
Affirmative Action Statement
WSU Children’s Center is an equal opportunity educator and employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientations, marital status, citizenship status, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States (including veteran status).
Each classroom team is lead by a highly qualified head teacher licensed by the state of Minnesota. Additional team members include:
- Graduate assistants
- Student staff
- Student teachers, field experience, interns and practicum students pursuing degrees related to Early Childhood Education
The WSU Children's Center provides staff and students with a complete mandatory background check, finger printing and DHS-approved orientation sessions prior to having contact with children in the classroom.
Benefits for Student Employees
- Free First Aid/CPR training offered each year
- DHS training (AHT, SUIDS, Blood Borne Pathogens, Mandatory Reporting)
- MN Professional development record-- Develop a training record that will follow you into the teaching profession in MN.
- References to assist with finding your first teaching position after graduation. A majority of former student staff are employed in their field within one year or less.
- Interaction with a variety of age groups (six weeks - 10 years) in a high-quality accredited early childhood program.
- Supervised experiences led by skilled early childhood teachers.
- Exposure to current educational philosophies and developmental trends.
- Flexible schedules that synchronize with class schedules.
- Professional networking for early childhood and elementary education majors through ongoing training, workshops and community engagement activities.
How to Apply
- Complete an application (PDF) - all applicants must be available for at least one year of employment
- Return the application to the main office in Maria Hall (455 Hilbert St.) or email ChildrensCenter@winona.edu. Be sure to attach:
-Class schedule for the semester intending to work and Transcript (Academic Record).
-Record of prior childcare center employment if applicable but not required.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled near the end of each semester.