Mission, Values & Functions
The Office of Institutional Planning, Assessment & Research serves the Winona State University community by discovering, interpreting, and providing information. This information is used to enhance institutional effectiveness and facilitate knowlegde-based decision making across the campus.
- Accuracy: IPAR delivers accurate information.
- Consistency: IPAR employs data controls and definitions to ensure data consistency. IPAR works with the guardians of data quality as well as data process owners to promote excellence in data governance.
- Communication: IPAR staff members employ clear and professional communication techniques and strategies among themselves and with their service recipients. The goal is to foster a philosophy and path of inquiry that leads to greater understanding.
- Efficiency: IPAR staff members are well-organized and demonstrate stewardship of university assets and resources.
- Professionalism: IPAR personnel remain highly skilled and current in their professions and practices. We promote excellence, and continuously improve through education, evaluation and action. We use a collaborative approach in our relationships with colleagues and service recipients to encourage inquiry and questioning.
- Relevance: IPAR ensures that the data it provides is relevant to requests.
- Reliability: IPAR consistently deploys infrastructure, provides services, manages/analyzes/disseminates data, and maintains data systems that the university community can rely upon to carry out its mission.
- Effectiveness: IPAR promotes the institutional mission as well as educational goals and objectives through outcomes assessment across all institutional units. We do this by providing data and analysis to inform decision-making and promote insight.
IPAR provides clearly defined, accurate, and consistent data to stakeholders in a timely manner, in partnership with IT/Data Services Team.
- IPAR provides data summaries and analyses on a regular basis to assist institutional assessment and planning activities
- IPAR supports effective, holistic and integrated strategic planning as well as progress monitoring
- IPAR facilitates and assists with the systematic and meaningful assessment of academic and non-academic programs and to promote continuous improvement efforts
- IPAR provides support to institutional and specialized accreditation