Winona and Rochester Campuses
After completing prerequisites, students apply to the upper division nursing major. Once admitted, students are assigned to either the Winona or Rochester Campus.
Students assigned to the Rochester Campus attend upper division nursing classes at WSU-Rochester. Students assigned to the Winona Campus continue to attend classes in Winona.
Campus assignment determines the facilities where students complete clinical experiences.
Winona State University partners with numerous healthcare providers throughout the region to provide clinical experiences for students.
Primary Hospital-based clinical partners:
- Winona Health, Winona, MN
- Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI
- Mayo Clinic Health System locations in Cannon Falls, MN, Lake City, MN, and La Crosse, WI
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus, Rochester, MN
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, St. Marys Campus, Rochester, MN
WSU nursing students also complete clinical experiences in community and public health. Sites for community and public health clinicals include public health departments, schools, after school programs, and community agencies.
The simulation space at Winona State University creates a unique learning environment that promotes independent student learning and collaboration between nursing students and their respective faculty mentors.
Simulation learning is grounded in practical experience in an environment that mirrors the patient or client care setting. Simulation learning experiences are designed with defined learning outcomes and allow students to be independent in their learning.
Simulation is embedded within the nursing curriculum and affords students the opportunity to implement their knowledge and skills related to the nursing process, therapeutic communication, critical thinking, teamwork and leadership.
Within the WSU nursing curriculum, simulation sessions occur throughout the program in the following areas of nursing practice:
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Obstetrical Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Public Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
RN-BS Completion Facilities
RN-BS Completion students can choose to attend classes in Rochester, La Crescent or Red Wing, MN.
- Rochester - 507.285.7349, WSU-Rochester, 851 30th Ave. SE, Rochester, MN 55904
- La Crescent- 507.895.2544, 1122 South Oak Street, La Crescent, MN 55947
- Red Wing - 507.285.7349, Minnesota State College Southeast, Red Wing Campus, 308 Pioneer Rd., Red Wing, MN 55066
RN-BS Completion students complete practice experiences at multiple community partners, including public health departments, schools and community agencies.