The Winona State University Communications Office manages media relations for the university as well as external and internal communications.
External & Internal Communications
- WSU Update-- the primary internal communication tool for the university. Distributed daily during the academic year via e-mail to all students, employees, retirees and friends of the university
- WSU News Blog --the primary external communication tool for the university, including event announcements and feature stories
- WSU Events Calendar -- a comprehensive online listing of public campus events
- WSU Magazine-- an online magazine distributed to more than 46,000 alumni and friends of WSU
- All University Emails-- internal communication sent to all faculty, staff and students with critical information.
The communications department connects with local and regional media outlets in Winona, Rochester, La Crosse and the Twin Cities.
Dean's & Graduate List Media Notifications
University Communications will notify hometown newspapers of Dean's list honorees and Graduate names within eight weeks of the end of the semester.
Notifications are based on the hometown zip code provided by the student in their official WSU record, and zip code coverage lists provided by media contacts.
Please note that publication of these lists is a free public service electively provided by the newspapers. The lists may be published only when space is available or not at all, depending on the newspaper.
Contact WSUNews@winona.edu for questions regarding these media notifications. Please include the student’s name, hometown zip code, and the name and email address of the hometown media outlet in which you are seeking placement.
Learn more about the academic honors criteria.
Any student, employee or club may request publicity for WSU related announcements, events, developments, activities or achievements.
Not all requests merit promotion in all venues, but our objective is to work with you to find the appropriate vehicle for your information.
Any student, employee or club may request photography services from WSU's University Communications.
Services offered are professional headshots, event photography and other photography coverage as deemed appropriate by University Communications.
How to Request Services
You can request campus communications support through the MarComm OneStop request form. Explore your options to promote an event, request photography services and tell your story through campus media channels and more.
If you have questions, visit the FAQs page.