Creating and Delivering a Strategic Curriculum Design
The English Department has designed a variety of majors and minors to prepare students for a broad spectrum of careers. Students can prepare for teaching careers by completing BS degrees in Teaching Communication Arts and Literature or Teaching English as a Second Language.
Students interested in going on to graduate or professional schools, or pursuing careers in publishing, non-profit organizations, or various businesses with communications-related positions can select from majors that focus on literature, writing, or applied linguistics.
- Applied and Professional Writing (EAPW) BA Major
- Applied Linguistics (ENGA) BA Major
- Communication Arts and Literature (Teaching) (CALT) BT Major
- Film Studies
- Literature and Language (ENGL) BA Major
- Teaching English as a Second Language K-12 (Teaching) (ESLT) BT Major
- Writing Option (ENGW) BA Major
Students may select minors in creative writing, professional writing, literature, TESOL, or film studies to complement any major offered at WSU. Students are invited to meet with advisors to receive advice about program selection and making progress through their academic program.