Programs of Study
B.S. in Mathematics Major
The B.S in Mathematics (59-60 S.H.) is designed for students who:
- Are considering graduate school in mathematics or any technical field
- Want the strongest possible background in terms of both breadth and depth of mathematical knowledge
This degree includes an independent research project.
B.A. in Mathematics Major
The B.A. in Mathematics is designed for students who:
- Want to combine complementary interest and skills, learning to apply mathematics to another field.
- Want fewer mathematics courses than the B.S.
- A minor or major in a different program or department.
The Minor in Mathematics (22-23 S.H.) is:
- Highly attractive to potential employers or graduate schools.
- Recognizes students majoring in other fields who have demonstrated significant mathematical skills.
- East for Engineering majors to obtain - they need only one or two additional courses in Mathematics.
Learn more about Math Degree Options.
Secondary Mathematics Major
The Secondary Mathematics Teaching Major (120 S.H. - no minor required) is designed to:
- Prepare students for a career in teaching mathematics (grades 5-12).
- Allow students to complete an additional major or minor program.
Middle Level Mathematics Minor
The Middle Level Mathematics Teaching Minor (34 S.H.) is designed for:
- Students completing a teaching major.
- Students looking to be prepared to teach middle school mathematics.
Learn more about Math Education Degree Options.
B.S. in Statistics Major
The B.S. in Statistics Major (62 S.H.) provides students:
- Both a solid background in mathematics as well as experience with statistical theories, methods, and statistical software.
The Minor in Statistics (18 S.H.)
Learn more about Statistics Degree Options.
B.S. in Data Science Major
The B.S. in Data Science Major (59-60 S.H.):
- Requires a student to acquire knowledge and expertise in data science through understanding of analytical and computational techniques.
The Minor in Data Science (25 S.H.):
Learn more about Data Science Degree Options.