BA Sociology Programs
The mission of the B.A. Sociology Program is to develop graduates with skills, values and knowledge that will lead directly to employment or graduate school.
Graduates of the Sociology program at Winona State University are able to
- Apply the sociological imagination.
- Apply sociological theories to social phenomena.
- Apply social scientific principles to evaluate and conduct empirical research.
- Use sociological skills and knowledge to engage with social issues.
- Evaluate the causes and consequences of social inequality.
- Practice critical thinking and communication skills.
- Demonstrate relational fluency in a pluralistic society.
Major Maps & Requirements
The WSU Sociology Program has been revised to better serve our students. The following program requirements are for students declaring a major or minor beginning in Fall 2012.