Business Administration Department
Winona State’s Business Administration (BUSA) Department provides students with the technical, analytical, and conceptual skills they need to be successful business professionals.
Our department focuses on how organizations function within changing economic, legal, socio-cultural, and technological environments. With this understanding, students can learn how to create value and change in organizations.
Whatever your career path is, you will be able to apply the concepts and skills needed to direct and manage the activities of an organization, while aligning with their mission and objectives.
The objectives of Business Administration Department programs are to:
- Provide a foundation of skills and knowledge in content areas necessary to prepare students for professional business careers
- Give students opportunities to learn and practice analytical thinking skills and tools
- Provide students with learning experiences that build understanding of international business issues and practices, as well as expose them to diverse cultural perspectives in business
- Build awareness and understanding of key concepts in ethics, and apply these to realistic ethical dilemmas
- Teach students to apply modern technologies to business data analysis, information in research, decision-making, presentations, and communication strategies
Students will develop an understanding of critical skills required for general management in the areas of:
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Theory
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information System
- International Business
- Business Law
- Project Management
Our programs prepare students for careers in management of all types of organizations in the private, non-private, or public sector.
Recent graduates have taken jobs such as:
- General Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- Insurance Sales
- Office Managers
- Operations Specialists
- Financial Analysts
- Computer Programmers
- Database Administrators
Recent graduates work at:
- Mayo Health Care System
- Allina Health/Abbott Northwestern/ United Hospital
- Target Corporation